Thursday, February 18, 2010

Paramore's video for "The Only Exception" came out yesterday!
My favorite video that they've done so far.


Reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I pretty much like it so far. It's kind of your classic, predictable love story, where you already know what she's gonna say and what he's gonna do, but I can still appreciate it. Since Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite writers. I saw the movie a few weeks ago, and everyone was disappointed and said that it killed the book. So I really wanted to know why. I can see it already. The movie changed a lot of things that didn't need to be changed. I don't understand why they did that. I thought that usually happens because the film has a tight budget, so they have to improvise. But Nicholas Sparks film adaptations are pretty famous, like the movie for The Notebook and the one for A Walk to Remember. And Dear John stars two young actors that are pretty popular too, well the guy is anyway, so I don't get why they slaughtered the book. That's annoying... I get the whole " must condense 400 pages into an hour and a half " thing, but changing her from a brunette to blond? Adding in stuff that didn't happen? Pointless stuff, that doesn't even boost the story, or whatever the goal was. Yeah that kind of stuff I don't get. A book that you write is like your baby, I'd be sad if Hollywood wanted to make my book into a movie and then changed everything around. I guess it's all about money...

No comments:

Post a Comment