Thursday, February 10, 2011

wttr/snow white/k-11




DVD release for wttr was February 1st, I saw it at Walmart but decided against it. I usually catch most indie movies on surfthechannel, but I'm thinking I want a copy of this one for myself for once. Many different reasons, this being one, and the story is interesting, and the script is good, and the trailer/its music made me tear up. ♥ So I think I want it. I have so many movies to get, I've started a list but it's getting crazy long. You know when you start something and you really intend on finishing it, so you keep at it and
keep at it, but then you eventually realize that all you're ever going to accomplish is trying to get it done? Then you feel like you've wasted a lot of time, and put a lot of energy into something meaningful that won't work out. I'm rambling, but that's a short way to put how I feel about getting all the DVDs that I want. I guess I should just try to focus on something that will still benefit me from the trying stand point in the end.
I guess I should stay on subject. Kris Jaymes has been 'in talks' to play Snow White in 'Snow White and the Hunstman' (I think will be the title, not sure) for about a week or so, which I didn't pay attention to at all in the beginning. I heard and then dismissed it just as quickly. I really admire her role choices but I initially didn't think it was a possibility for her, or even something she would go for for that matter. But you never freaking know, because supposedly she's signed on, and that's, great. I'm guessing it's going to have a darker, graphic-fest feel to it, sort of like the latest Alice in Wonderland re-make. Also read that it's going to be produced (if I'm remembering correctly) by the same guy who produced Alice in Wonderland. It's a little thrilling to imagine how the turn out is going to be for this movie.
Now, this whole she's 'signed on' deal is according to Moviefone, so I really don't want to etch anything in stone here and end up deleting the blog, but Moviefone is a pretty reliable/respectable website. So this is all pretty cool, and here's to the new Snow White, if all goes as it should. ♥
Edit: Thought I would add in and talk about K-11 too, since something has come out recently. This one has been trying to get made/'in the works' since 08, so it's exciting that it's finally starting to get on its feet. Mostly because her mom wrote it, and is producing/directing. Cool right?! To have your mom there holding the reins for one of your jobs. It'll be her mom's first. According to this, updated from Gossipcop (reliable), the film is moving along. Kristen will play the lead, and from what I've read in the past and in recent stuff, it's gonna be pretty out-there. Challenging. If I'm wording this right which I hope I am, the lead is a man-turned-woman who's an inmate in a sectioned unit of an LA prison. Yeah... being completely serious here... It's pretty thrilling to think about how this one will turn out too...


Screencaps by Stalo Panayidou

No comments:

Post a Comment