Saturday, November 24, 2012

relevance




I close my eyes and imagine what it must be like to have to maintain relevance in order to be able to succeed at work. I close my eyes and try to rack my brain for why I would ever want that for myself.








"Relevancy is the true tool of the powerful. Relevancy involves an audience. You can't be relevant to nobody. You have to create and nurture it. You have to know what that audience craves. One of the things I like most about good music is that it captures this idea perfectly. Musicians have a particular subset of people that they speak to, and adapt their music and their message to it."

"Create an audience. It's a lot of trial and error, but art is one of those things that has to be done to really "get." And keep yourself relevant to that audience. The audience isn't so much a bunch of people as it is a creation that happens to resonate with people. An audience is an idea. They're referred to in sassy terminology, "the mid-thirties house-frou." "brooding mid-teen glampires.""




No comments:

Post a Comment