Friday, December 7, 2012

Warm Bodies





sweet? f*cking gross? you decide.





These days, every time I hear this song by M83, this movie comes to mind. Which lets me know I must've liked it a little. During the pre-screening for this last month, at about 20 minutes in it seemed like Summit was trying to push a trend. Human/supernatural love? We love it, we've responded. But I'm not so sure undies will "go poof" over a dead heartthrob who eats human brains. The brains around his mouth throughout the beginning of the film were hard to swallow with the love story throughout the rest. The lead actress that's often compared to Kristen Stewart's looks, Teresa Palmer, whom I got a quick look at on the 12th, is actually nice to watch. She does remind you of every blonde that you've ever known, but that's what's grand. She was very Lynnwood, Washington. I felt at home. I'm a fan of the young cinema look these days. Not too and terribly pretty, which makes it easy to connect. I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of Palmer (especially now that Twilight has ended and her looking like Kristen Stewart won't get her blacklisted did I just say that).


This was bad. It was hard to be into them as a couple, but the intent of the movie's story was sweet. The acting was sweet. The lead, Nicholas Hoult, was a handsome zombie. Always enjoy looking at handsome zombies. Overall, it was a Summit Entertainment try at a new Twilight love that didn't work. The overall structure/pairing didn't make sense and people probably will not respond well to this unless they are 13 below. But I'll still be very curious to see the reaction on February 1, when this hits theaters.






What I'm curious to know now is why the leads decided to take part in what was called "a stupid movie" numerous times on the way out of the pre-screening (while one overly emotional Twilight fan had said she'd started crying). Maybe the actors imagined it would be a hit, somehow? It can happen again, right?



...


1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment