Friday, July 12, 2019

Giving Back

πŸ“· E Sawyer Photography

I think everyone can have a cause to support. I truly believe that there is a cause out there for each and everyone to give back to, whether it be in a big or small way. I've been lucky to find so many perfect ones for me while Instagram surfing in the last year or so since I moved to Colorado. There are many, many different ways to get involved, but my personal preference has been in the way of shopping or wearing my way to giving back, or supporting a cause. Give me clothes, homeware and stuff for my Teuila all day. πŸ•Ά Here's a short list of some of the causes that I've come across in the past year or so that I support. These are my favorites!

¤  OSO ¤

πŸ“· @thecausebar | This is Kosi!

OSO I just learned about today! (#FridayFeels) Look at that adorable teddy bear. πŸ§Έ OSO is a teddy bear making and selling business run by women living in Zone 3 of Guatemala City. They enable the women of the community to make these cuddly bears and sell them for $20... 2x their community's average family income. Each bear's tag comes with the name of the artisan that made it. πŸ’

¤ Imani Collective ¤

@imanicollective 

Imani Collective is a home decor line based in Mombasa, Kenya and Dallas. Everything is handmade by over 70 empowered women and your purchase supports them. I absolutely love their message! 

Teuila has Imani's cloud pillow (which is half off right now!) and she absolutely loves it. 🐢 

¤ Nuria Beauty ¤ 

@nuriabeauty

Nuria Beauty is a vegan and cruelty free made skincare line that supports girl's education. You can read all about Nuria's founder and their mission like I did here. Nuria supports ShestheFirst, which sponsors girls around the world who are the first in their family to graduate highschool. Love it! 🌻

¤ Bayou With Love ¤

@bayouwithlove

Bayou With Love is actress Nikki Reed's unique jewelry line that is made sustainable and socially conscious from recycled gold found in technology (Dell computers to be exact). What an absolute dream 😍 and what a message for the environment! 🌏

¤ The Citizenry ¤

@the_citizenry

The Citizenry is an all artisan made imported home goods line based in New York City that offers craftsmanship from all over the world to decorate your home with. They also support these artisans with ways to give back, seen on their website. Who doesn't want a Mercado basket from Mexico or a gorgeous mirror from Chile in their home? 🏠

¤ Hark + Hammer ¤ 

@harkandhammer

Hark + Hammer sell all silk prints that are good to the earth. All of their clothes are made with minimal environmental impact (cut and sewn in limited editions in Los Angeles) which I've been eyeing for a while. I'm a lover of some soft silk, and those colorful prints 😍

¤ PI Yoga Pants ¤

@piyogapants

I haven't had the chance to take up yoga but I definitely plan to (I'm thinking Kundalini, or one other that I've read about), and these pants look so comfy! PI proudly donate 10% of their net profits toward sea turtle conservation. 🐒

¤ Yoobi ¤

@yoobi

Yoobi's school supplies have been so helpful to me with starting my degree. You buy, yoobi gives! πŸ“š Their school and office supplies are available at Target right now.

¤ Vegan/cruelty free ¤ 

Buying vegan or cruelty free is a way to give to nature and to animals that's so easy to do. There's also a big community of Americans out there that embrace these causes and live their lives daily supporting them. Buying a vegan item doesn't mean that you have to convert your entire lifestyle to vegan. There are tons of brands that you can buy your specific items from to help spread the cruelty free or vegan message in some way. 🌿🐰 Here are just a few of my favorite brands out there!

° FriLuk °

@friluk_ltd

This brand is a great starting place for finding vegan items to add to your closet. They're all about the planet and they've got all the info! πŸ‘“ 


@handmadebeauty_db

Non-toxic and cruelty free nail polish that is so cute! 
Their shades are all so vibrant and gorgeous. πŸ’… 


@giovannicosmetics

Giovanni have over 100 vegan-friendly products and it's all of course cruelty free. 🐰 Their shampoos really do make your hair so happy. I use the Avacado & Olive Oil shampoo and the Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil conditioner from time to time and it's like hair food. πŸ’– (Thanks WholeFoods!)


@leland_francis_ 

Leland Francis is a vegan and cruelty free skincare line from Australia that followed me and that looks so hydrating! They have a Melting Balm that triples as a cleanser, mask and overnight that looks awesome. πŸ§–‍♀️


I hope to give back in as many ways as I possibly can in my life. Not only does it give you a sense of purpose but it keeps you grounded in service. Sometimes it's so easy to be in your own little bubble of peace and to view the world in a one dimensional way. But being socially conscious is the new thing! 😎

Are you trying to find a way to give back, but aren't sure where to start?
What are your interests when it comes to giving back? 
Let me know in the comments just below. ⬇️ Let's discuss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment