Sunday, June 2, 2019

Bachelorette/Bachelor Living In 2019


  Here I am to blog about the single life in 2019. When I decided to write this blog, I really had no idea what I was going to say. I opened trusty Microsoft Word to get started, and hoped for the best when it came to ideas flowing. While my Pomeranian mix was literally just sitting right beside me staring. Being a bachelorette before and in 2019 for me has consisted of three things mainly: family, traveling and staying in Airbnbs and self care. There’s a lot of photo documentation, hit-or-miss flirting and speaking your mind on all issues, too. Sounds like paradise, right? I think it’s so great that there are so many people who are still bachelorettes/bachelors in this year. People in their early twenties, late twenties (me) or even into their 30s.

  Being a bachelorette or bachelor in this advanced year is by no means super easy, but when there are others setting the example along with you it makes your status all the more special to you and unique. There are always the select favorite Instagram followers of yours that you can count on two hands, that set the bar beautifully high for the single lifestyle. You see colorful travel photos from all over the world, food, exploring, career passion, entrepreneurial businesses, shopping, blogging, advocacy for issues and the list goes on and on. As a woman, there’s sometimes literally a little shame shadow that creeps up from time to time, making me feel bad about not having kids yet. As if one woman not having a kid or kids by my age is a huge issue. Do that many people see me and think, I think I’ll wait, too? I have no way of knowing.

  I do know that nearly all of my siblings live the same lifestyle, with one of my two older sisters being the only exception. Erin has two sons and is married. While me, Nero, Eric and Stefani are all single and career/school (for me) oriented. This has been the norm and the example for me, so I’ve gladly settled right in through the years and thought nothing of it.  I can’t say I don’t revel in it, either. A lot of the things that I’ve done so far I wouldn’t have been able to do. That’s pretty much the bottom line, so I’m a very grateful 2019 bachelorette. 👯‍♀️ I hope to spend the rest of this year growing even more, exploring the world around me and exploring myself. Giving back, which is very important to me, is more at the forefront of my radar now too. I hope to keep learning more and more new ways to do so.

  But in the mean time I’ll be feeling gratitude for all of my blessings, for the lesser amount of stress that I’ve been allotted, and for the time to just be with me. Because there are really no words great enough to blog, write or describe that. 🔆

No comments:

Post a Comment