Friday, June 7, 2019

Standing Up for Standing Out


I found this adorable article recently about standing out on Psychology Today (That has a pretty awesome looking book linked as well). Very worth the read. 🌿



"I believe that we were created the way that we are for important reasons. We probably will never fully understand those reasons during this lifetime, but I feel that you can learn important things from your differences. In fact, being different can make all the difference in your life. It did for me.
The challenges that I faced from being so physically different from others instilled a strong compassion in me for others who didn’t fit in. I gained a keen desire to understand others and to do anything I could to help alleviate the suffering of people in situations similar to mine."
Read it all + see the book here. 🔆


No comments:

Post a Comment